From Marriage Experts
- "Engaged Encounter is the best marriage preparation program in communication for engaged couples of any denomination in the U.S." - Michael J McManus, author of the book Marriage Savers, syndicated columnist in 100 newspapers and radio commentator.
- "In addition to pre-marital counseling, another wonderful way to eliminate the unpleasant surprises of early married life is a program called Engaged Encounter ... I strongly recommend Engaged Encounter to every couple planning a wedding." - Dr. James Dobson, author of Love for a Lifetime, founder of Focus on the Family
- "Marriage preparation in the Catholic Church is rated as a valuable experience by a vast majority of those who participate in it. It is most valuable when presented by a team, especially a team of clergy and lay leaders (married couples)." Marriage Preparation in the Catholic Church: Getting it Right. Center for Marriage and Family, Creighton University.
- "Catholic Engaged Encounter weekends guide couples planning to marry in the Catholic Church toward unions that thrive where others fail." Richard N. Stack, As Long As We Both Shall Love. Columbia (Knights of Columbus magazine) May 1999
- "The weekend is a successful learning experience . . . most participants feel the weekend provides an opportunity to learn about their fiancé and marriage in general. In addition, many feel it is also a spiritual experience." Catholic Engaged Encounter Renewal Study. Center for the Applied Research in the Apostolate, Georgetown University.
From Birmingham CEE Participants
- "The weekend is a successful learning experience . . . most participants feel the weekend provides an opportunity to learn about their fiance and marriage in general. In addition, many feel it is also a spiritual experience." Catholic Engaged Encounter Renewal Study. Center for the Applied Research in the Apostolate, Georgetown University.
- "This weekend reaffirmed our responsibilities as a couple and our goals for the future. It also raised the issue of our activities in the church and our spirituality." MB & AG
- "This weekend was a wonderful chance for us to refocus on what's truly important in our relationship and our relationship with God" TM & HG
- "We were given the chance to reexamine our love for each other and our future life as a married couple." BW & DG
- "We gained a deeper understanding of one another and what an important role God will play in our lives together." GM & MK
- "We feel like we have a solid foundation to start our marriage and this weekend was a big part of that." RC & LU
- "We really value what we learned from our weekend." GA & KJ